Monday 18 July 2011

Ultimate Chick Flicks - My personal favourites : 'The Notebook' and 'Letters to Juliet'


1. The Notebook 







The Notebook is a 2004 film directed by Nick Cassavetes and based on the Romantic Novel by Nicholas Sparks. It stars Rachel Mc Adams and Ryan Gosling who depict how a Summer romance shapes the rest of their lives. It is, in my opinion the Ultimate  Chick Flick that even your boyfriend would find heart wrenching. 



Young Noah : ''So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out.''











____________________________________________________________




2. Letters to Juliet - 






Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) is a young Journalist who is taking an early honeymoon with her fiancee in the stunning Verona. While wandering through the cobbled streets she finds a wall of Letters - Letters to the infamous Shakespearean Heroine - Juliet asking for advice on matters of the heart. Her discovery of a letter dated 50 years previously sends her on a journey with an elderly English lady, and her handsome yet stubborn grandson which makes her realise what true love is all about...













'' I didn't go to him, Juliet. I didn't go to Lorenzo. His eyes were so full of trust I promised I'd meet him and run away together because my parents don't approve. But, instead, I left him waiting for me below our tree - waiting and wondering where I was. I'm in Verona now. I return to London in the morning and I am so afraid. Please, Juliet tell me what I should do. My heart is breaking and I have no one else to turn to. 
Love, Claire ''



No comments:

Post a Comment