Wednesday 20 June 2012

I wanna see your peacock!









I love feathers - feather boas, hair accessories, earrings or mini skirts! I think they add a touch of bohemia to any outfit. And in my opinion - the more dramatic the better. I picked up the earrings above in Aldo in New York in February and have been getting great mileage out of the trend. On the eve of my 22nd birthday I sat in a swanky bar 'Asiata' on the 35th floor of the Mandarin Hotel sipping cosmos and overlooking central park. I wore a coral long sleeved chiffon maxi dress with black embroidery on the chest cavity teamed with my feather earrings, black suede heels and toughened up with a leather biker jacket.




Me @ the Mandarin Hotel, Manhattan.


check out Topshop & River Island for feathered earrings





Netted tights and mary jane shoes look very 'London Town' teamed with a feather skirt!


Feathers are a great accessory and are all over the high street! River Island have gorgeous new feather earrings in stock, and Topshop has embraced the feather hair accessory trend like there is no tomorrow, but don't let the idea of looking like Pocahontas scare you away - this micro trend is fun and flirty and can be very minimal if that's what you prefer. It doesn't have to be in a hippie style. A feather collar or shrug with an LBD or maxi dress/ jumpsuit is mouthwatering! Textures are so important.

It looks the business thrown over your shoulders, believe it or not. You won't look like Cruella De Ville



This is not the look we are going for, Sorry Cruella. Dalmatian print is also not doing it for us.


I am partial to the odd diamante ear cuff, I think they look really cute when hair is slicked back in a high ponytail. The feather cuff trend is both wild and wonderful.

Celebrities love the feather hairband look! It is stunning for weddings for ladies of all ages. A feather headpiece can look funky yet demure. Taylor Swift looks eau natural yet proud as a peacock in her hairband.






Try out this look - it is sure to look stylish and versatile whatever you team it with! 







xo L

No comments:

Post a Comment