Monday 25 June 2012

Prometheus is horrifically fantastic!

I went to the cinema to see 'Prometheus' and I didn't really know what to expect. I knew it was a sci fi film about Aliens, there was a mountain of hype around it and that Michael Fassbender is the robot in it. A reason alone to go and see it. Basically... A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race. Prometheus is directed by Ridley Scott. It is without doubt the big Summer Blockbuster. Even the harshest film critics are singing it's praises - no mean feat.




It was magnificent. I am not going to say too much because I hate reading reviews that dish out all the best bits, but to sum the film up I would call it a bad-ass Avatar with more violence and without the neon pretty Pandora setting. Instead grit and darkness create a more aesthetic believable plain - it pulls away the idea of Aliens looking your friendly neighborhood ET. In saying that this film is not for the faint hearted.






I watched Prometheus in Cineworld in Dublin and I felt the need to indulge in their heavenly ice cream. With my Ben and Jerry's core sundae I received a complementary shovel spoon.




I don't know which was more grotesque - the scariness on screen or my date watching me shovel ice-cream in to my mouth! Very attractive. At one stage I jumped and spilt caramel on myself. Prometheus is sneaky like that - serious jumpy moments. I had popcorn down my back from the couple behind me jumping and shrieking. I was lucky enough to interview the handsome Michael Fassbender @ the IFTA's in February. He talked about sexy racy fight scenes and much more... He picks such versatile roles from a Spartan in war movie '300' to a spy in 'Inglorious Bastards'. The prodigy is without dispute Ireland's best export!!!


 Check out the radio interview :

Click here to listen to an EXCLUSIVE interview with Prometheus actor Michael Fassbender








'Prometheus' is now in theatres!! Go check it out - You won't be disappointed.






xo L


No comments:

Post a Comment