Tuesday 5 March 2013

My news and views: Rihanna for River Island Press Launch!


I was very excited to be invited to the Rihanna for River Island Press Preview. The range radiated nineties throwback style but oozed that sensuality that Rihanna is renowned for. Guests were given a sneak peek at the range and could avail of a 20% discount. The line hit stores nationwide today.


I met some lovely folks on the night, Fashion blogger Fiona Mullen, Brendan Courtney, Beauty guru Joanne Larby and many more. Crowds gathered to covet something from the range that was the talk of London Fashion Week. Rihanna was at the London Preview last night.


Rihanna may not have been at the Dublin Press Event but the essence of her personal style was everywhere - from thigh- high and ankle scraping boots to lemon silk and playful denims - the Rihanna for River Island range had a broad appeal and surely will make an impact on the Dublin style scene.   Of course there is that inevitable fear that does one need Rihanna's shapely silhouette to carry off her sexy street style, but I believe that if you dress for your shape and mix and match you can interpret the trends as your own, the range is wearable and flattering. The idea is to emulate Rihanna's exotic star style  in your own way rather than mirror it. I loved the slouchy tanks which would look funky with chunky gold chains and the limited edition Rihanna snowy leather baseball jacket. Check out the Rihanna emblazoned buttons...


I picked up the black leather peaked hat from the range - it had an egyptian feel and would be wearable to a festival, party or even shopping if styled down. I really liked it so I swooped in and got the last one! I flat out couldn't leave the event empty handed the hat was just too slick.


I was chatting to the lovely folks from VaVaVoom TV. They were interviewing many people from Dublin's fashion and journalism scene at the event. I wore a vintage sequined embellished jumper from Fluorescent Elephant on the night and everyone was raving about it! Brendan Courtney said he really liked it which I was happy about. I felt cosy but it is nice to wear a statement piece. It can really jazz up an outfit and considering how cold it was in Dublin last night I was glad of it the warmth and sparkle. I wore a River Island leopard print headband, black River Island leggings, my vintage jumper and black spiked Jeffrey Campbell heels. I have decided to call my Jeffrey Campbells WMD's. They truly are weapons of Mass Destruction! I stabbed myself in the finger as I put them on before the event but luckily I had some plasters at hand.

My WMD's aka Jeffrey Campbells


The VaVaVoom TV photographer liked the detailing on the vintage jumper and took my picture at the event.
Image courtesy of VaVaVoom TV
I was interviewed by Fashion One for a TV interview by the lovely Ciara O' Doherty from 'Wildchild Stories'. We talked about the style at the event, the staple pieces from the Rihanna collection and who we would like to see River Island do a collaboration with! I maintain Diane Kruger for River Island would be spectacular. I will post a link to the interview when it goes live!


Ciara and I met for the first time last night and through our mutual love of River Island, fashion, personal style and all things Rihanna, we instantly bonded while frothing at the mouth over River Islands latest offering. The event brought together a fallout of fashionistas.

Image courtesy of Emily Quinn Photography
Overall I would like to say a thank you to the River Island PR Ladies for throwing a soiree worthy of the Rihanna for River Island collection. RiRi herself really missed out! I recommend all of you readers to go check out the line for yourselves in River Island and let me know what you think!


xo L




2 comments: